We know infertility itself can be overwhelming. We also know it's not as affordable as we'd like it to be for everyone.
Our aim is always to provide clear estimates of treatment costs, including what may or may not be covered by insurance.
How To Determine Your Insurance Coverage and Treatment Costs
Review your insurance policy. Contact them to help understand your benefits and ask detailed questions about fertility coverage.
Schedule a New Patient Consultation and provide us with your insurance information.
During your new patient consultation, our doctors gather the necessary to contact your insurance company and check your level of coverage. It is important to know that this check does not guarantee coverage. We encourage you advocate for yourself and contact your insurer directly to get documentation of any coverages.
Prior to Treatment
Prior to treatment, we encourage you to take the lead in contacting your insurance company to better understand your plan benefits.
The first question to ask is whether the specific plan you have offers infertility coverage, or coverage for fertility testing.
The vast majority of plans fall into 1 of 3 categories when it comes to infertility coverage:
- No Coverage - The plan provides no coverage whatsoever for infertility services. Unfortunately California does not mandate insurers cover fertility treatment or testing like other states, so it's not uncommon to find that your policy does not cover fertility treatment. This means that you will be expected to pay at the time of service for any non-covered services.
- Some Coverage - The plan provides coverage for the diagnostic phase of infertility testing only. In this scenario, the insurance plan will usually offer some coverage for a new patient consultation and generally offers some coverage for fertility testing. The treatment phase is not covered.
- More Coverage - The plan provides coverage for the diagnostic testing phase and coverage for infertility treatment. In these circumstances, coverage is provided for diagnostic testing and for some methods of infertility treatment. Understanding your individual coverage will help you anticipate whether or not a particular service with us is covered.
We never want to see you stuck with a bill you cannot afford. We partner with as many companies as possible to make treatment as accessible as possible for you.
Your employer may work with a company other than a traditional insurer to provide infertility benefits to you. We recommend you contact them just like you would an insurance comp[any to make sure you fully understand what is covered and under what circumstances.
We partner as many companies as possible, including:
At this time, we cannot accept Progny.
Financing may be an option to help cover the costs of fertility treatment. We are partners with two companies who, we hope, can provide assistance should you need it:
- ARC Fertility - You can contact ARC directly at any time to learn more about how their financing program works. Because they usually need to know which package you and your doctor decide is right or you, you may want to contact them after your new patient consultation. Their toll free number is 1-888-990-2727.
- Origin Finance - Instead of set packages, Origin tailors each loan to your individual needs with the aim of offering the lowest APR possible. Unlike ARC, it can be helpful to reach out to Origin ahead seeing us. Let them know you've chosen OC Fertility for your care and they will waive your application fee. You can email or call them at 415-906-7278.
With increasing cancer survival rates, OC Fertility is proud to give patients an opportunity to pursue fertility preservation options, such as egg, sperm, or embryo banking.
We partner with Livestrong Fertility to provide cancer patents treatment discounts and medication.
This provides an opportunity for patients to potentially delay family building until after their treatment is complete, they are cancer free, and ready to start a family.
Grants and Discount Programs
Fertility Within Reach is a national nonprofit that maintains a list of vetted organizations that provide grants, scholarships, discounts or other financial assistance for family building.
Oova - Use code OCFE1 for 15% off your purchase