The way to start is by scheduling a New Patient Consultation as the first step on the path to growing a family.
During a new patient consultation, you can expect the following:
- Your physician will talk with you about your goals and concerns and take a full medical history, review any prior medical records (if you have requested their release to us), and identify the appropriate work-up for your infertility evaluation. This appointment usually takes about 1 hour.
- You will have a physical examination focusing on identifying physical issues that may be interfering with your ability to achieve or maintain a pregnancy. This visit includes a pelvic ultrasound to evaluate the uterus and ovaries.
- Based on the information gathered at this initial consultation appointment, you will receive a “to-do list” to help remind you of what was discussed and what your next steps are.
- If you choose to move forward with treatment, you will receive a detailed and personalized plan outlining necessary steps.
- Prior to starting a treatment plan, we will outline possible costs with you so that you can make an informed financial decision.
- We want to make sure that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions. We will try to be as thorough as possible in our initial meeting, and if you have additional questions as you consider your next steps, we’re always happy to talk further.